Friday, September 30, 2005

Today was, well, eventful. Mkay. I almost didn't make it to school. The car had almost no gas in it. Plus, there was frost, and my dad had moved the scraper without saying where (he's away right now). So, I went a tad faster and made it there on time.During Enrichment, I wrote a bad draft for my CommonApp essay for English about GSA. There were shortened periods for fifth and sixth period for pep rally. Personally, I despise pep rally. It's incredibly crowded; there's not enough space, yet the administration makes students take their bookbags and stuff. It pits classes against each other (e.g. "Go back to middle school", "Freshmen suck"), with which I really disagree. The games are rigged in favor of the seniors; if you raise the limbo stick for each senior, it's not really winning. Plus, since I was young I never liked loud places, and my ears hurt a lot. Oh, and the teams didn't get to run in this year; we stood up from the bleachers. So, I'm glad there'll be no more pep rallies.

Once that ended, the barbeque began. I dropped off the supplies for the SNHS stand, and we took awhile to set up the tie dye for GSA. We got a decent amount to do it, so I think we'll make a decent amount of profit from it. Even so, we need to get the dye off of the sidewalk, or else we may get in trouble. Does anyone know how to do that? At ten to four, I left the stand to get "dinner": a burger, a lemon stick, and Pop Rocks from the SNHS stand. Though I got to the gym at four, the team was supposed to get there at five and was late at that. But we won, which was good.

After the game, KK; Ally, for whom my new nickname is Conejita; and I went to Michael's to grab dinner. We had a serious discussion, which was really neat. I'd never been able to talk about sociopolitical issues with them before. After that, I managed to make it home without running out of gasoline (thank Googellen Leibowikinfrey).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home