Monday, September 26, 2005

Before I start, I must say how much I love Latin food. On Saturday, we went to a Colombian restaurant for lunch. Dear Googellen Leibowikinfrey, it was amazing. I got sobrebarriga a la plancha, which was one of the best steaks I have had. Ever. It was served with tostones, and I ordered an empanada as an appetizer. The tostones were just right; the empanada was different from the Puerto Rican empanada, though it was still very good. I tried some yuca, which was very similar to tostones, and a bit of my aunt's maduros, which were nice and sweet. So, yeah. Latin food. Awesome.

So...today was interesting. I'd rather not use the name for his or her sake, but I found out today that my friend's parents are getting a divorce, and he or she is taking it pretty hard. He or she just found out last night, so myself and two other people were with him or her during second period and Enrichment. Dr. Ensor took almost all of second period to actually stop by the guidance conference room, where we were, and really couldn't do that much, since sending him or her home would be counterproductive. I feel really bad, so I think we may try to get him or her out of his or her house on Wednesday for dinner or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home